The Groundwork Center for Resilient Communities is hiring a Program Manager to lead the Clean Energy Issue Area of the Great Lakes Business Network (GLBN). The Great Lakes Business Network is now more than 160 business leaders who are leading advocates in protection of the health and vitality of the Great Lakes and the regional economy. The GLBN is fact-based, non-partisan and deeply engaged in pragmatic advocacy to set strong policies in support of their issues, which include decommissioning the Line 5 pipeline, preventing harmful algal blooms in Lake Erie, and advancing a clean energy economy across the Great Lakes region that will ensure secure and independent energy that is equitable and fair to all users, and enhances local communities.
Groundwork co-manages the Great Lakes Business Network with the National Wildlife Federation (NWF), and is the lead organization on the Clean Energy issue. Groundwork’s Program Manager will engage in:
- Recruiting new GLBN members from across the Great Lakes region to advocate on clean energy policy, with a priority on increasing the diversity of business leaders;
- Establishing partnerships with business organizations at the national level and in other states;
- Developing policy platforms, advocacy campaigns, and communications materials to advance national, state and local energy policy reforms that will promote a rapid transition to clean energy generation, and replacing fossil fuels in the transportation, building heating, and agricultural industries;
- Arranging and facilitating meetings between GLBN members and local, state and federal decision-makers including elected officials, agency and department staff, media, and partner organizations;
- Collaborating with NWF on the administration of the Great Lakes Business Network, including managing meetings and events; and
- Within Groundwork, support the annual Michigan Clean Energy Conference and other regional clean energy activities, as well collaborate with the Michigan Climate Action Network.
- At least six years experience working on issues related to renewable energy, energy efficiency, and clean energy policy;
- Experience developing public advocacy campaigns, communications campaigns, and event planning;
- Experience working with business leaders, or with a business association;
- Networking skills and experience in developing partnerships and collaborative agreements, and building diverse coalitions;
- Grant writing or fundraising experience;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Existing relationships with organizations and community partners in the Great Lakes region;
- Public speaking skills and experience.
Benefits: This position has a salary range of $50,000-$65,000 depending on experience, plus generous vacation and health benefits, retirement contribution matching, and a technology stipend. This position also has opportunities for advancement. The highest level of starting salary is only applicable for candidates with 12+ years of experience.
Location: Groundwork is located in northwest lower Michigan, although candidates in other areas of Michigan will be considered.
To Apply: Please address a cover letter and resume to Jim Lively, Great Lakes Business Network Coordinating Director at [email protected] with the subject line “GLBN Program Manager” by February 1, 2021.