ANNUAL GIVING specialist
Salary Range: $24,000 – $28,500, part-time, 20 hours per week
Deadline to apply: February 16, 2022
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
The Groundwork Center for Resilient Communities is seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our fundraising team, a candidate who is excited to manage the organization’s annual giving program, and is ready to take it to the next level. Groundwork’s Annual Giving Specialist will be tasked with fostering, nurturing and growing our group of annual donors, those who give up to $500 per year. The Annual Giving Specialist will work alongside the Communications Director and the Development Associate, and use organizational data to enhance relationships with our current donors, turn current prospects into donors, and bring new prospective donors to the organization.
The ideal candidate will be excited about Groundwork’s mission and have: confidence working with our donor database, an interest in and/or experience with fundraising or marketing, enthusiasm for creating project plans and following them through to fruition, a genuine desire to connect with Groundwork’s existing donors, prospective donors and volunteers, a strong passion for community resilience, a team-player attitude, and be detail oriented.
The position is part-time, 20 hours per week, and will report to the Development Director.
The Annual Giving Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Developing campaigns that build the base of the organization’s annual donors,
- Managing a variety of direct mail communications to donors and prospects each year, including an annual report, three newsletters per year, and other informational mailings as they arise;
- Overseeing timeline, content, design, and printing for fundraising campaigns including one in the spring, and one in the fall;
- Developing and achieving annual giving goals
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting effectiveness of annual giving campaigns and making adjustments to increase donor acquisition and retention;
- Using the organization’s donor database to create lists for mailings and campaigns;
- Supporting the Development Associate in the upkeep and management of the organization’s donor database;
- Developing new methods for segmenting donors and prospects and then reaching those segments with Groundwork messaging;
- Supporting the Communications Director with the digital communications to donors and prospects;
- Coordinating volunteers for general Groundwork needs and events.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Prior experience with project management, including the completion of projects on a set timeline
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- A proven ability to work independently and be self-directed, while collaborating well with others in a team setting
- A desire to be proactive, creative, and bring new ideas to our fundraising team
- Fundraising and/or marketing experience is preferred.
Among the qualities we seek in a successful candidate are a:
- Strong commitment to Groundwork’s mission and programs;
- Passion for building livable communities, propelling clean energy, and expanding the local food economy;
- Growing understanding of and enthusiasm for resiliency principles;
- Self-directed working approach and ability to take initiative;
- Professional and pleasant demeanor.
At Groundwork, the candidate will join a team of driven individuals who work hard to provide funding for the organization so that it can fulfill its goals of advancing policy solutions and projects that are pragmatic, practical, caring and visionary. We strive to create a positive, collaborative, healthy and inspired working environment that gives the staff support and opportunities for growth and to become leaders.
We are optimistic about Michigan’s future and believe in a thriving local farm and food economy; stronger, more walkable, bikeable, and transit-friendly towns and villages; cleaner sources of energy, and climate solutions that support a more equitable future for all. The researchers, writers, advocates, system-changemakers and coalition-builders that make up the Groundwork program staff are passionately committed to realizing this vision. It is the job of the fundraising staff at Groundwork to continue to invent new and unique ways to connect with the donors who support this program work, and acquire the donations and funding to make this work possible.
Compensation, Benefits, and Application Procedure
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, with flexible hours. The position does provide paid vacation, retirement contribution matching, and a competitive salary range. This is a specialist-level position, with a starting salary range of $24,000 to $28,500. The position is based in Traverse City, Michigan and does allow for remote work from home.
Please send a one-page cover letter, résumé, and at least two references to [email protected] with the subject line: Annual Giving Specialist. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The final deadline for submitting an application is 5pm Eastern on Friday, February 16, 2022.
Groundwork is committed to creating a diverse workplace and seeks a wide range of perspectives and backgrounds. People of color, persons with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. Groundwork is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment. Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.
*The safety and wellbeing of our staff, contractors, and communities is are our top priority. Therefore, much of our in-person work has been paused and replaced with remote communications in response to Covid-19. This situation is being evaluated on an ongoing basis, with the hope of return to more in-person work in the future.
REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS
no rfps's currently posted