Recipe courtesy Limonata and Fustini’s Oils and Vinegars
This lentil soup is one of the easiest and tastiest dishes you’ve seen in a while! Know, too, that as they pleasure your tastebuds, lentils also replenish you and your family with protein, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc. The über bonus: By eating lentils you are nourishing the earth, because lentils have one of the lowest carbon footprints of all our foods. Food accounts for about 1/5th of the average American’s carbon footprint.
• 1 1/2 cups Spanish Pardina Lentils
• 8 cups vegetable or chicken stock
• 3-4 green scallion onions, finely chopped
• 1 generous bunch of parsley, coarsely chopped
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 cup Parmesan, coarsely grated
• Fustini’s Single Varietal Olive Oil
• sea salt and pepper, to taste
Heat stock on high, bringing it to a boil. Add lentils and reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
Chop scallions and parsley, juice lemon and grate Parmesan. Remove soup from heat and add scallions, parsley, and lemon juice a few minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into individual bowls, and garnish with Fustini’s single varietal olive oil and grated Parmesan.