Giving Tuesday is an international day of giving that happens on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving—November 27 this year. Facebook makes it easy for people to donate online, so we are writing today to ask you to spread word through a special fundraiser post on your own FB page to encourage people to donate to Groundwork.
Creating a Facebook fundraiser on Giving Tuesday is a great way to help spread the word about Groundwork. Research shows that new donors are more likely to give if they know someone who has a connection to the non-profit. Unsurprisingly, donations increase when people are asked directly to donate.
There are a few steps required to set up a fundraiser post, so to help, Miriam Owsley, Groundwork's Event Manager, created a step-by-step video tutorial, which we've reinforced with steps written out below.
1. Log into to facebook.com
2. Click "Fundraisers" on the left side of your newsfeed.
3. Click "Raise Money."
4. In the search box, type "Groundwork Center for Resilient Communties, Inc.," select.
5. Set the dollar amount you want to raise.
6. Set the date you want it to end (Giving Tuesday is November 27th), so you might choose to set it for Friday, November 30th.
7. Create your title and tell your story. Your fundraiser will be most successful if you include a few sentences about why you support Groundwork yourself.
8. Chose a cover photo. You may use any of the cover photos below, or you can choose your own.
9. Click "Create" and your fundraiser will be published.
Watch our video that simplifies setting up a Facebook fundraiser on your page to help raise donations for Groundwork.